Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Back on the Blog!
February 1, 2006

Friends:

It's been a while! I cannot believe how long it's been since I have blogged. I miss it too.

So much has happened since my last entry. I have been SUPER busy - so busy, in fact, that I have hired an assistant. Her name is Amanda Shelley. She will be helping me with the daily grind of office work so that I can have more time to write and create.

It's my 10th year anniversary as a professional entertainer for kids. I am so excited. To celebrate, I am beginning a new literacy initiative called We Read Together! The website, www.wereadtogether.com is being built and will be filled with activities and ideas for parents and kids, book reviews, and author, illustrator, storyteller, and children's musician interviews. Marilyn Scott-Waters, a MEGA talented artist, will be creating the artwork. Her website is http://www.thetoymaker.com and she specializes in creating the most awesome paper toys.

I just finished recording the vocals for my new CD, Jump, Jiggle & Jam - A Rhythmic Romp Through Story Land. The CD is full of folktales favorites updated with rhythm, rhyme, and rap. So much fun! I am touring my Jump, Jiggle & Jam show everywhere. Later this month, I will be in Lafayette, Louisiana performing.

I have been doing a lot of traveling. I recently came back from Virginia and Washington, DC and will be headed to New York, NY on Friday, February 3 for the SCBWI conference and a performance at a NYC public school. The next few months will see me in Illinois, Missouri, Virginia, Louisiana, and the Philippines.

I am working on two new books (which manuscripts are due to my editors very soon...)

My husband, Antonio, is busy working on repairing our house in New Orleans and busy rebuilding with his job. We commute back and forth. Soleil (15) and Eliana (5) have adjusted to our new life as it is now. When I travel, it is a challenge to find someone to stay with the girls. Before, I never had to worry about childcare issues. Thank God my in-laws are retired! They often travel here to stay with the girls when I am away for periods. I am so lucky to have such a supportive family. It's been challenging but we're making due.

Talk to you again soon! I promise!

Warmly,
Dianne de Las Casas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home