Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Family Matters
September 13, 2005
Friends:
It's been a couple of days since I've updated my blog. Much happens on a daily basis!
I have been working hard networking and making contacts so that I can get back to work. More than anything, I ache to tell stories! I have been praying, friends have been praying and people we don't even know have been praying. And God has been listening! In the past week and a half, I have scheduled three jobs and received two book project offers (more on those later - after my contracts are signed).
There has been a lot of change in the household. Our hosts, Jim and Erlie Claire, left on a three-month trip to the Philippines. They have graciously let us stay in their house. Mom has packed and is leaving for Ft. Worth in the morning for her job. I know my brother's four kids are going to have a tough time. She has been more of a mother to them than their own mother.
There will be three less people in the house but that's still 13 people! Though I know our living situation is better than most, I still ache for my own space. Staying up and working through the night is the best way for me to reclaim some of my own "space."
Hurricane Katrina has given me a new perspective on life. Though sometimes I can't stand being in such close quarters with my family, I love them even more. It's when times are tough that you really see what you're made of. Even with the tension in the household, we still come together and help each other out. It's because we love each other and family matters.
Until next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Thetoymakers said...

Hang in there, Soul sister! I am thinking good thoughts for you.

Hugs!

Marilyn.

PS Call me when you get a chance. I'd love, love, love to illustrate your new book!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home